Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year...a new beginning

Does the world need another blog?

Well, need it or not, here it is, for it seems it is me that needs to blog. And if, in creating this space, I can bring a little happiness, a new thought, a reflective pause in the midst of a busy day, or a bit of conversation (albeit one-sided) at a welcome moment, some small thing of value - that will bring me immense joy. And so, I begin.

A year or so ago, I began a weekly post on Facebook. You guessed it...on Sunday. Each Sunday evening I would write a few lines describing moments of my day. Painting a picture that was simple, and yet, somehow meaningful, because it reflected not just the moments themselves, but more importantly the way in which they were experienced. With gratitude.

I looked forward to it. And so, it seems, did others. On the one Sunday that I didn’t post, people reached out…"Where are you, is everything okay?"; "My day didn’t feel complete without reading it."… and so I never missed another Sunday. 

And, as time went on, I heard my own voice and those of others saying “You should have a blog!" Each time, I felt a warm little glow… the kind of feeling that can only mean one thing… "say YES".

I didn't know the first thing about how to go about it.  But, somehow I have managed to create what is before you.  I've learned a lot and there is so much more to know - it will come in time. 

"Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action."  Napoleon Hill

A new year...a new beginning...I look forward to sharing it with you. 

All good things, k 

No comments:

Post a Comment