Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Perfect Gift

You know it when you see it.


What a wonderful feeling to find the perfect little gift.  To anticipate that moment when they open it and nod.  Feeling it reaching out and saying "I know you and I love who you are".


Today I am wrapping and sending a couple just such gifts.  Neither are expensive.  Neither were purposefully sought out.  


For me there is no walking around malls, desperation creeping in, having to buy something...anything.  Rather I am always mindful as I go through my daily rounds.  Watching what draws my attention - what reminds me of a dear one.  When it appears, I don't hesitate.


Sometimes I will tuck it away for a special occasion.  Often the gift becomes the special "I thought of you" occasion.  


Even more often, gathering is my gift.  What could be more special than time together.  I love nothing more than time spent with family and friends, enjoying food, wine, and each other.  


I've been blessed with some of these "I know you" gifts too.  This past Christmas a friend gave me two little silver spreaders that were engraved "spread joy" and "spread love".  Every time I reach for them I smile.  Truly the perfect gift.


"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give."  Eleanor Roosevelt


All good things, k

No comments:

Post a Comment