Sunday, March 11, 2012

Smile

Many years ago, I stood chatting to a friend who was asking me if I knew someone.  "My mom knows everybody.", my young son piped in. 

It took a moment before I knew what he meant.

I smile and often say hello to those I meet along my way. While I don't really know them, I do feel a spirit of connectedness to all. 

Such a simple way to lift your own spirits and those of others. Stories abound about people whose lives have taken a positive turn because of a kind word or gesture.  As do the sad stories of those who didn't.  Every little thing counts. 

There is a great quote from Coco Chanel, that I have always loved, "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; life shapes the face you have at thirty' but at fifty, you get the face you deserve."  Well, Coco, I am happy that mine includes lots of crinkles around my eyes from smiling.


"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”  Joseph Addison

All good things, k

No comments:

Post a Comment