Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lucky Penny

Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you'll have good luck.


As long as I can remember, I have stopped to pick up pennies. In fact, I react with childlike glee each time I see one. While some practice the "put it in your shoe" philosophy, I simply tuck it in my pocket. Reach in to the pocket of any of my coats and it is likely you will find a penny or two.


With the Royal Canadian mint officially ceasing distribution this week, what will become of this much loved ritual.


Apparently there are 35 billion pennies out in the world. So, that should keep us going for a while. But, just in case, I plan to do my part. I will save a bottleful for future generations. To be sprinkled here and there. Bringing a moment of happiness and a little luck to those kindred spirits who stop, look again, bend down, and say `'oh look, a lucky penny".


"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." Frank A. Clark


Keep looking dear ones.


All good things, k

No comments:

Post a Comment